Q: Oil Pan Gasket Replacement on a Dodge Avenger.

I have an oil leak coming from the oil pan gasket. I removed all the bolts and two nuts, however it won't come off. Is there something that I am missing or is the gasket been seized due to the heat and time? Any helpfully hints or tricks of the trade to help get this oil pan off will be greatly appreciated.

My car has 45,323 miles.

Hi there. If all of the bolts are out of the oil pan and the pan is not coming off the engine, then get a gasket scraper with a wooden handle and slightly tap on the end of the handle with the blade between the oil pan and the engine block. This will free up the pan from the engine. Newer cars use a black permatex that seals the pan to the engine. If you need further assistance with your engine oil pan, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.