Q: Brakes starting locking up, had car in shop a week, flushed system, replaced rear calipers, master cylinder, and the shop cannot fix the problem.

Car started locking up on brakes, pedal gets stiff and car will barely move due to brake pressure, replaced master cylinder and worked fine, replaced driver rear rotor and pads, started acting up after. shop said it was bad caliper, replaced both rear calipers and issue remains, shop flushed system and issue still remains. Advised shop to look into ABS Module or Master Cylinder. Would that be correct thinking?

Check the combination valve on the brake system and see if it is squirting out brake fluid on the line on the return side when loosing the line. Then check the brakes and see if they relaxed. If it does, then there could be an issue with the ABS controller. If the fluid does not come out, then the combination valve needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your brakes not releasing, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Brakes starting locking up, had car in shop a week, flushed system, replaced rear calipers, master cylinder, and the shop cannot fix the problem.