Three warning lights are on - the check engine, battery, ...

Q: Three warning lights are on - the check engine, battery, and immobilizer, and my car won't start.

asked by on November 01, 2017

I went to start my car and the engine won't turn on. All of my lights come on, but there are three warning lights that stay on when the key is in the ignition - the check engine, battery, and immobilizer light. The last time my battery was replaced was 2 years ago.

The theft light being on will cause the no start. If you have a second key then you need to try it to see if it starts? If not then disconnect the battery for ten minutes with key out of ignition and then reconnect it. You should then insert key and turn to on position only and wait for three minutes or until the theft light goes out and immediately crank engine. If this works then you should be okay. If not then you will need to have theft system repaired or reprogrammed.