Q: My Mitsubishi pajero mini (1999) four wheel drive gear stuck in 4 low position. It is unable to shift back. What could be the problem?

Currently my Mitsubishi pajero four wheel drive gear is stuck in 4LLc position. I'm unable to shift or move to other gears, 4HLc, 4H or 2H. And on the four wheel drive indications, it displays green lights on the two forward front wheels and stays on all the time when driving. What could be the probable cause ?

Hi there. The front axle 4WD engagement switch is stuck. With the engine off and the transmission in neutral with the wheels chocked, remove the harness to the front axle engagement switch. Turn on the ignition to ON and start the engine. Remove the wheel chocks and slowly drive backwards. Then, put the transmission in neutral and see if the transfer case will move into another gear selection. If it does, then the front axle 4WD engagement switch has failed and is making the front drive shaft engaged to the front pinion gear at all times. If there is no change, then the transfer case has a damaged shift rail in side the housing. If you need further assistance with your transfer case staying in Low, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My Mitsubishi pajero mini (1999) four wheel drive gear stuck in 4 low position. It is unable to shift back. What could be the problem?