Q: My truck has the trouble code P0700, what does it mean?

asked by on November 14, 2016

po 700 dash light comes on its red round light

My car has an automatic transmission. has rebild trany .1 year old

My car keeps dying while I'm driving - 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Check the transmission range selector for a loose connection and make sure it is tight on the transmission. The code is coming up for the transmission range selector saying that the transmission is in gear and park at the same...

Problem with replacing the TPS

Your throttle position sensor says it is on the throttle body assembly. Look at the gas pedal position sensor, above the gas pedal, to see if this is the sensor the parts store gave you. This sensor is called the...

Truck doesn’t overheat but I can see coolant in the overflow steaming and my heater will change from hot to cold all the time.

Hi Bryce. Thanks for contacting us today. An overheating issue like you're describing is often caused by some sort of obstruction in your heater core - especially if the air is cool instead of hot sometimes. However, it is more...

Sounds like something is rubbing against the breaks rotors.

The most common cause of the brake noise you are hearing is the brake pad metallic material it is made of will cause a loud scrapping noise intermittently. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you...

How do I remove a broken bolt out of thermostat housing

Hi there. If the bolt is sticking out, then you can use a pair of vice grips to help remove the bolt or weld on a nut. If the bolt is broke off inside the threaded gallery, then you will...

The kick down on my transmission is not working

The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control...

Knocking/ticking sound when engine idles

The only way to diagnose a knocking noise is to hear it to see if the noise is in the top or bottom of the engine. If from the bottom, then a piston, rod, or crankshaft problem is present. If...

Hazard lights wont turn off 2005 Toyota 4 runner

Hello. It sounds like the switch is bad for the hazards or more commonly it sounds like a relay failure. The circuit would need to be tested with a voltage meter to be able to tell for sure, but it...

How do I properly install a transmission pan back on?

When installing the pan, the mating surfaces of the transmission and the pan should be clean, dry, and free of debris. To assure a good seal, I will usually use some brake cleaner, acetone, or any other type of solvent...