Q: 2009 NISSAN ALTIMA TRIED JUMPING AC COMPRESSOR FROM DRYER CNISTER WHILE CAR WAS RUNNING WHEN HE TOUCHED THE PRONGS TOGETHER THE CA

asked by on July 10, 2017

SOMEONE TRIED TO JUMP THE AC COMPRESSOR OF OF THE DRIER CANISTER PLUG WHILE THE CARV WAS RUNNING ,IT DIED OUT TRIED SARTING IT IT STARTED RAN A FEW SECONDS THEN DIED AGAIN NOW IT WONT EVEN START OR TURN OVER

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

I can think of a few things. First off, was the jumper wire removed? if the a/c compressor is seized and the jumper wire is still in place sending direct power to it, it can prevent the vehicle from starting. Think of the a/c compressor as being a miniature engine all by itself. If it is seized, then it can be similar to trying to start two engines. If the jumper wire has been removed and it still does not start, then unfortunately the issue can be anywhere. Modern vehicle electronics are very sensitive to voltage spikes from things like "jumping" a connector, connecting jumper cables to the battery incorrectly even for a split second, or removing a battery cable while the engine is running. A voltage spike from any of those scenarios can follow any number of paths and short a wide variety of electronic components. Check all the fuses. With any luck, a fuse took the force of the voltage spike, blew and prevented any electronic damage. If all the fuses are good, then more extensive diagnostics as to why it will not start are necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr