Q: My system says there is water in the fuel

Notice a little knocking when slowing down running rough and clears up if I punch it it don't knock will water cause knocking

Hi. Yes, water in the fuel will cause knocking. I would advise doing a fuel system maintenance - drain the fuel system all the way to the tank, including the tank. This will get rid of any water and contaminated fuel.

I recommend replacing the fuel filters. If after servicing the fuel system, the knock is still there, most likely you have a sticking fuel injector and the injector will need to be replaced. If you would like to have this checked in person, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the water in fuel and follow through with any needed repairs.

3. My system says there is water in the fuel