Q: How long can I drive on the spare donut tire originally provided with car?

My front right passenger side tire needs to be replaced. It got so flat it got to the extent of going completely flat to where the rim was practically touching the road. So we replaced it with the manufacturered spare donut last night. We did not drive at all on it this night. But today, which would be the following day, we did drive on it for about 70 miles. My question is are we maxed out now, as far as driving on it and putting anymore miles on the donut? And also is there a link or any & info you have at your disposal that would help us find cheap used tires in our area?.... Which is Oakland, CA. THANK YOU! for your time.... - Jess n Lia 🙂

A general rule of thumb is to not drive on this spare doughnut tire for longer than ~+/-70 miles or driving faster than 50 mph. These tires are not designed with much tread on them and will wear out very quickly. As you know, these are designed primarily for emergency purposes. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to change your spare tire.

3. How long can I drive on the spare donut tire originally provided with car?