My 03 745 li is over heating I changed thermostat and the...

Q: My 03 745 li is over heating I changed thermostat and thermostat housing my car idols for five minutes and message comes on overhe

asked by on June 26, 2017

I have a 2003 745 LI BMW 98,000 miles I had a message come on my Eye Dr engine temperature too high pull over contact BMW singer I have recently change thermostat and thermostat housing I have no hot air coming out my heater I tried switching to hot air and no hot air comes out what do I have to replace my water pump or auxiliary heat heater blower please help me

There may be trapped air in the cooling system. Air can get trapped if you drain coolant and then refill the system without purging. Trapped air can cause overheating by blocking coolant flow and can also faulty heater operation. Other common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition, and exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.