Q: Q: Why is my car not accelerating?

I start the car and when it's in drive or park it's not doing anything

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the issue firsthand and service your throttle control system.

3. Q: Why is my car not accelerating?