Q: Q: Something draining the battery

The battery in my car is dead. I jumped it and ran it for 30 minutes. Usually it restarts after charging for that long. Don't know if the alternator or battery, or both, are bad. Something is draining the battery.

If it ran for 30 minutes after a jump, the alternator is probably ok. I would start by checking the battery first. Alternators are not designed to charge a dead battery. A good battery, that is completely dead, takes more than 4 hours to charge on a 20 amp charger. I would have the alternator tested after the battery is replaced. If you would like this repaired, consider having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and test why your car is having issues starting.

3. Q: Something draining the battery