Q: Car won't start - 2002 Saturn SC2

I went out in a 4 day trip. Car was parked for that time. When I came back from the trip. Turn the engine one for work. It wouldn't start. I jumped it with my wife's car it worked all day. Try to start engine next day It wouldn't start again. I bought a battery 4 months ago.

A: Hey there. When a situation is up and down ...

Hey there. When a situation is up and down like this you want to start by taking back to the basics. Take your battery to have it tested. Most automotive parts stores can do this for free. A test can be done at home with a voltmeter as well. Please exercise caution, and have specifics on this procedure before trying it. If you have attempted to jump start the vehicle again, and the vehicle failed to start, you are likely in need of another new battery.

If the battery tests fine, you may want to think about what could drain your battery during that period of time. Known as a parasitic draw, if an accessory to the vehicle remains on when the vehicle’s alternator is not charging the battery (because the engine isn’t running), the battery will die during the night. Tracing these can be hard, but you should start with any lights, the radio, or the security system. If you need further help verifying the problem, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start.