Q: Codes P0129 and P0175.

asked by on December 10, 2016

I got code P0129 last week after replacing cylinder 6 coil pack and spark plug. After driving for a short time (30-45 minutes) I got the code P0175. I didn't notice the code before I drove it. Two days ago I was driving it home from work and the engine stalled twice. After stalling it became very hard to start but would turn over after some time. I'm unable to take it out of town to the nearest mechanic and need to use the vehicle to get to and from work. Is there any suggestions you can give me to fix my vehicle?

Hello. Thank you for writing in. With the codes you are receiving, and due to the order in which they triggered, you will want to focus on the P0129 MAP sensor reading. The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor uses a 5 volt reference to indicate its readings to the PCM. When these readings reach below a certain level, the code P0129 is set. This can be due to vacuum issues, wiring issues, ground issues, and even a bad MAP sensor. These low readings will cause the PCM to compensate and can cause the P0175 rich fuel code. The MAP sensor issue needs to diagnosed and repaired first. After that, the other codes should clear.