Q: Code P0330

I am getting code P0330 - Knock Sensor 2 Circuit Malfunction. I reset it, but it keeps coming back on after a few minutes of driving. Is it a faulty sensor? The car drives normal.

Hello! A knock sensor code can indicate faulty wiring to the sensor, or a faulty sensor itself. The wiring of the knock sensor can be checked by performing a continuity test, and the resistance of the knock sensor can be checked with a multimeter; if these are not up to specifications, a repair of the wiring or replacement of the sensor will be necessary. A knock sensor could also set a Check Engine Light due to bad gas. I suggest adding some premium gasoline, or a fuel treatment, to the tank to see if that helps keep the warning light off. It would also be a good idea to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform the aforementioned tests in order to properly diagnose the cause of your Check Engine Light illumination.