Q: Car overheating

Car overheats in stop and go traffic while highway driving runs like a brand new factory. Thermostat housing was replaced the fans work fine radiator works fine as well coolant is burning but we are keeping an eye on that and always topping it off. What could the problem be it goes all the way up to the red and it growls like crazy no warning lights are on and the whole engine bay is wet with antifreeze. What could this be and I’m taking it to a mechanic today what would will I most likely be told and also the antifreeze in the reservoir is a cloudy white color not a light color so plz what can I expect

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have to add antifreeze regularly, there is a leak in the cooling system. Leaks can be external (for example, into the engine compartment), internal (into cylinders, for example), or both. Leaks can be a cause of overheating (tool little coolant) but leaks can also be a consequence of overheating (that is, overheating raises cooling system pressure so much that a weak part of the system blows out). In your circumstance, what the mechanic will do is perform a leak test and his advice after the test will depend on exactly where the leak is and whether the leak is a cause, or a consequence, of the overheating. If the leak is NOT a cause of the overheating, or if the leak is not the ONLY cause of the overheating, then the mechanic will perform an overheating diagnostic. All these required diagnostic steps can be performed most economically on a mobile basis and if you want a certified Tech from YourMechanic to handle this, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.