Q: The car shut off when the oil leaked out after an oil change

My car has problems with the engine. It started when I had the oil chnged. After about half a mile of driving, the oil leaked out. The car shut down immediately, so I refilled the oil. However, the engine would not run afterwards. The car would keep cranking, but there was no startup. I heard that when there is no oil or if it's low, the safety shut off unit can activate. Do you think that is what happened here or is it more serious? Thank you.

If you had the oil changed by a company, then have the vehicle towed or call them and let them get it fixed. If the engine ran without oil, you may have caused internal engine damage. I am not aware of any automatic shut off that would shut off the car if you run it low on oil. Have a mechanic inspect the no start issue and look for damage from running out of oil.

3. The car shut off when the oil leaked out after an oil change