Q: My Bmw will not crank or start.

asked by on November 27, 2016

My Bmw will not start or crank. When you crank it you can't even hear the engine making noise, it is just silent. It's not my key because I reprogrammed it and put in a new battery for it. It's not my car battery because I recharged it and it has full voltage. I don't know what is making it not start, or even try to start when you turn the key to the starting position. I need to know what I should do to make my Bmw start up.

Hi there:

It is very possible that the battery might be fully charged, but be lacking cold cranking amps. As a battery ages, the cells inside will begin to wear out, causing a reduction in the amount of ’cold cranking amps’ that are available to start the motor. However, since you’re not getting any action from the starter, the issue is most likely with the ignition electrical relay (which sends a power signal to the battery) or the starter relay (which receives power to engage the starter). There could be multiple electrical issues that are causing the no starting problem, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your home and complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can verify what’s actually causing the issue and recommend the right repairs.