Q: 97 Honda Accord makes pulls while turning

I have a '97 Honda Accord SE. It makes hard pulls when I turn either right or left, but it doesn't pull when I drive straight, only on turns. Any ideas?

First thing you want to do is jack the car up in the air, pull on the wheels and see if anything’s worn out. A lot of times the tie rods are worn out and they wobble so change that. But, my experience with those Hondas, a lot of times it means that, either you need a new power-steering pump, or the power-steering rack is worn. The rack costs a small fortune so I would try the pump first, if you didn’t find any wear on the front suspension. If that doesn’t fix that, then you need a new power-steering rack. But, you could try my video called, "Fix Sticking Power Steering," if you are sure the power-steering rack is going bad. That video shows how you can put chemicals in and try to flush them out and then get them to work. A lot of times that will work.

If you want a professional to take care of this for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your steering issue and verify what repairs will be needed.

3. 97 Honda Accord makes pulls while turning