Q: Crank but wont start - 1995 Chevrolet K2500

I have a 1995 2500 chevy Silverado the other day I went out and started it and I put it drive while I was still not moving I started to put my seat belt on and it stalled I put it back in park and tried to start it and it will crank but not start I opened a little valve to make sure there was no water in the fuel and quite a bit of fuel came out so I tightened it back up so I'm getting fuel do you know what it could possibly be

Hi there. Water will sink down in the fuel. Check the air filter to see if it is dirty. On a diesel engine, if the air filter is dirty then the engine will not start. Check to see if your engine has a fuel / water separator. If there is one and has a drain valve, drain out the fuel and prime the filter. Then try to start the engine. If the engine still will not start up, then the fuel pump may have air in it and needs to be bled out. Loosen the lines to the engine one at a time and crank the engine until fuel comes out steady and close it. If everything is working fine, then check the glow plug relay and see if the relay has failed. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your engine’s starting issue.