Q: I am having issues with the MMI system in my 2006 Audi A6

Radio turns on and off while driving often freezing i do the 3 button reset. Radio and MMI screen come on when the car is not running and im waking up almost every morning to a dead battery because of the screen turning on and off.

Hello. There are a lot of common issues with the MMI system in these vehicles. Most of the time the issue is with the software in the module. Reprogramming the computer will typically fix these issues, but I have also seen problems with the hardware within the MMI unit. When they have a hardware issue the entire unit needs to be replaced. I would definitely reprogram the module first to see if it helps. If the issue continues then the unit needs to be replaced. This is best done by the dealer unless you can find a shop that has the ability to do it.

3. I am having issues with the MMI system in my 2006 Audi A6