Q: EPC doesn't turn off

After my car sits in the hot sun all day my EPC comes on. The car lugs, and I have to pull over, turn the car off and then start it a few times before it will stop. Sometimes it does not go off. I had the turbo replaced by the dealer, and it didn't help at all. Can you please guide me into the right direction?

A: Hello. The EPC (electronic power control) c...

Hello. The EPC (electronic power control) can cause your vehicle to go into what most technicians call a "creep mode." What it's doing is limiting the amount of throttle that can be applied to the engine in order not cause any harm to the engine. If your engine is working fine, I am inclined to say it is the module itself that has failed. Have you attempted to pull any additional codes from the vehicle? The EPC may be triggered by more serious issues going on with the vehicle. Porche and VW are both a little notorious for their electrical issues when it gets hot. If you need help having this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the EPC light in person in order to have it corrected.