Q: I decided to remove my intake manifold to clean it and remove the rear motor

asked by on July 07, 2016

I DECIDED TO REMOVE MY INTAKE MANIFOLD TO CLEAN IT AND I REMOVE THE REAR DRIVE MOTOR AND BY MISTAKE I move funnel how to set the funnel the right way I hear top funnel only open up at 3500 rpm and the lower at 6200 rpm so this means is not support to open on less you are driven above 3500 rpm so it hold the vacuum compression.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The variable intake should reset once you put everything back together and run the engine. If the intake flaps are stuck, then there may be debris stuck in them from carbon build up, or the motors may have been damaged when you had it apart. I would clean them and re-install it and drive it. I usually use a scan tool also to reset the adaptive memory which can help. If the problem persists, then it may need a new actuator motor. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the system and make the correct adjustments.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr