Q: vehicle will turn over but not start

asked by on July 28, 2016

1999 Dodge Durango will turn over but not start after a friend put jumper cables on backwards. when i try to start vehicle security light blinks, flashers and dashboard light blinks for approx a min but security light never goes off. none of the. gauges on dash board work. power lock switch on driver and passenger door only unlock/lock back gate. battery is good but after jumping it off when i remove cables battery drains down quickly seems like a short to the battery. interior lights,air conditioner both work radio comes on but no music plays

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Vehicle electronics are very sensitive to voltage fluctuation. Crossing battery terminals/jumper cables can do a lot of harm when mistakes like this are made. Your symptoms sound like a shorted PCM (Power Control Module). Since you can’t get the vehicle started, I suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come out to you to properly diagnose your starting issue vehicle and help you fix it accordingly. Good luck.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr