Q: Turns over but won't start, or starts for a few minutes and then dies. It dies while driving also.

Replaced fuel filter. Car turns over but wont start. Sometimes starts when gas pedal is repeatedly pushed and then dies after a few seconds. Dies while driving down the road, sometimes pressing gas really fast will start it up again, sometimes not.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s engine dying could be so many things causing the problem. Assuming the Check Engine Light is not coming on. It could be the fuel pump. A fuel pressure test could, confirm the diagnosis. It could be the ignition module. Checking and having spark when it dies could, rule out an ignition system problem.

It could be the mass airflow sensor. Next time the engine is running, tap on the MAF. If, the engine dies, restart and tap on the MAF again. If it dies again, replace the MAF. There are other possibilities. I recommend having your vehicle’s starting and dying problem diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.