How hard is it to replace the transmission and engine mou...

Q: How hard is it to replace the transmission and engine mounts?

asked by on October 04, 2016

Dear Mechanic,

My local shop said that the engine and transmission mounts for my Versa are failing/bad. Trying to figure out if that repair (estimated to $705.00) is worth having a shop do or if doing it myself is plausible. Is this engine suspended in such a way that it would be difficult to use a standard floor jack and wrenches to replace the mounts? Is the transmission mount particularly tricky?

Thank you for your time in reading this and I look forward to hearing from you,

Bruce

This depends heavily on your own mechanical ability and access to the proper tools. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to replace your motor mounts.