Q: How hard is it to replace the transmission and engine mounts?

Dear Mechanic,

My local shop said that the engine and transmission mounts for my Versa are failing/bad. Trying to figure out if that repair (estimated to $705.00) is worth having a shop do or if doing it myself is plausible. Is this engine suspended in such a way that it would be difficult to use a standard floor jack and wrenches to replace the mounts? Is the transmission mount particularly tricky?

Thank you for your time in reading this and I look forward to hearing from you,

Bruce

This depends heavily on your own mechanical ability and access to the proper tools. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to replace your motor mounts.

3. How hard is it to replace the transmission and engine mounts?