Q: obd trouble code p0014 , hard up shifting

asked by on May 21, 2016

I replaced the camshaft position sensor and also the exhaust solenoid actuator , but my car is still reading the code and up shifting hard .please let me know what you think it could be.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The P0014 code and hard up shifting condition is a common problem on this engine.

Typically, it is either the solenoid, or the connection on the solenoid. If both of those have been replaced, then the exhaust cam actuator is failing. When these fail, they get stuck in the wrong position and this occurs. It will have to be replaced.

If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the trouble code, and recommend the best path to repair.