Q: Non-working front passenger side power window switch on a 2008 Escalade. Only the lock/unlock function works.

Here's what I know so far:

• The window, mirror and mirror turn signal don't. The window and mirror don't work from the driver's console either. The mirror turn signal doesn't work at all.
  • The switch has input sockets for 8 color-coded connectors (or 7 but I think they're 8, I'm not with the vehicle right now to count them.) Exactly 3 connectors which should be hooked up to the console are missing - the blue, green and grey
  • The board looks OK inside
  • The window motor works - tested with bypass straight from the battery
  • The passenger door module fuse (on fuse panel left of dash) is good
  • The passenger door module circuit braker (on panel under dash) is good; it was also taken out for two minutes and put back in, as well as replaced with the spare - to no effect

Q1: Are some of the connectors optional depending on the model or am I missing three that should be there? Q2: What else should I do to diagnose this myself?

Just bought vehicle so no history. Please assist. Thank you.

Wire breaks are often in the door hinge area (in the rubber boot connecting the door cavity to the pillar), because the wires are frequently extended and compressed as you open and close the door. To diagnose this yourself, and also to find out if any wires pertain to options, you will need a copy of the factory wiring diagram. I cannot reproduce the diagram here but it is widely available in most large public libraries. Once you have that diagram in hand, all you need to do is a circuit trace. Using a volt ohmmeter, you start with the power source and simply trace, segment by segment, until you find the point where the interruption in each circuit (window, mirror, etc.) exists. Sometimes, you will get lucky and find that the whole issue is due to one faulty ground (or other "common denominator" issue). The foregoing is guaranteed to give you a quick result. Don’t try to do circuit tracing by happenstance or just randomly check components. To really find the trouble reasonably efficiently, you have to start at one end of the circuit, or at least at a point where you know power is supplied up to that point, and then proceed from there. You need the wiring diagram because you can typically test segment "ends"; a lot of the wiring is concealed in the body. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get all of this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Non-working front passenger side power window switch on a 2008 Escalade. Only the lock/unlock function works.