Q: Car slow to take off

asked by on February 03, 2016

My car is slow to take off. It is not picking up speed on the highway or going uphill.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Low power can be caused by many things. If you had a diagnosed misfire for example the catalytic converter might be your issue. Other things that can cause similar symptoms are clogged fuel filters, low fuel pressure, a transmission slipping, etc. My suggestion would be to get help from a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you correctly diagnose your car’s acceleration issue.