Q: Why is my EPS warning light on in my 2001 VW Beetle

EPS warning light stays on

Your EPC light stands for electronic power control. This is for the powertrain control system. When the computer detects a failure in the system then this light will come on because the powertrain control system can no longer properly control the vehicle and the vehicles traction control system. When this comes on I usually scan the computer for codes. If there is a problem with this system then the light will come on. Any codes in the system would allow me to know where the diagnosis will begin. Most of the time this occurs when there is a speed sensor that is failing or if there is a more serious issue. This is something that should be diagnosed by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who would be able to [test why the EPS light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/warning-light-is-on-inspection

Hi there. Check the electric power steering unit on the steering column on your vehicle for the unit may have lost power or communication with the ECM (computer). Check to see if the power steering is normal or if the steering wheel is harder than normal to steer. If system is normal, then the EPS unit is working, but may have a fault. Check for any codes that the ECM may have stored for the EPS to determine why the EPS light is on. If you need further assistance with the EPS light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Why is my EPS warning light on in my 2001 VW Beetle