Q: On 2017 Toyota Tacoma, the auto headlights come on after about 12 seconds of low ambient light. Can this be reduced?

12 second delay for auto lights to turn on seems too long; When entering a poorly lit tunnel, it takes at least that long before the lights turn on, and by then, I'm usually half way through the tunnel. Can this delay be customized to a more acceptable 5-6 seconds? Thank you.

The system has a photo sensor that senses low light condition and it may not change enough resistance to lighting module fast enough to turn lights on in a tunnel since it is designed to sense low light that gradually gets to a point it turns on lights. These sensors do not respond that quick. You cannot adjust the time frame for lights to respond. I suggest you turn on lights to manual if you are getting ready to go into a tunnel.

3. On 2017 Toyota Tacoma, the auto headlights come on after about 12 seconds of low ambient light. Can this be reduced?