Q: Installing cold air intake or short ram intake on a 2003 Honda Accord

I have an O3 Honda Accord V6 and I want to install a cold air intake or short ram intake. Would you recommend this?

A: No, I wouldn't do it. Drivers that are ...

No, I wouldn't do it. Drivers that are doing that stuff, they think they have faster cars that sound better and they are nicer--don't ever do that. Those are for race cars and guess what, when they set it up for race cars, they put on a dyno and 5 gas analyzer in the tail pipe and they tune up the computer to make that thing run at whatever speed they want it to run best.

They run bad at idle but they run great on high speed. If you just put any of those things on your Honda, odds are your Check Engine Light will come on in a short period of time, because when it confuses the computer, the car stops running well.

I recommend not messing with that stuff. If you really want to do it, you can get it done but you are going to have to pay a real pro who's got a dynamometer, 5 gas analyzer, and experience with how to reprogram the Honda's computer. That's going to cost you some serious money to get it done right. That's why I say don't do it.