Q: Service ABS/Traction control/Active Handling messages on DIC

I have a Base C6 Corvette that is currently giving me "Service ABS, Service Traction Control, and Service Active Handling" messages on my Drivers Information Center. I have taken it to a repair shop and they claim its the right rear wheel speed sensor. Occasionally when applying the brakes, I feel a pulsation from the ABS. I also feel and hear the Traction control activating when I know its not needed. I had this same wheel hub replaced 5 years ago and I wonder why is this the only one going out and how common it occurs on others. How can I check the wiring harness to ensure its not just a dirty, faulty harness.

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system to determine the cause for this.