Q: Brake pads warning light after having them replaced

Soon after buying my pre-owned SUV, things started breaking down. First, it was the pads (had them replaced), then the rotors and pads (had them replaced) and now there’s a warning light showing brake pads are low. My mileage is 42,000.

A: The brakes have a brake pad sensor that ale...

The brakes have a brake pad sensor that alerts the driver when the pads get worn down. If you have had the pads and rotors replaced within about 24,000 miles or less, then you may have issues with the brake calipers or another issue that needs to be repaired. I recommend having the brake system checked to see if the pads are worn, or maybe a pad sensor is just bad.