Q: Truck shutting off when running AC

asked by on February 15, 2016

The Check Engine Light on my truck comes on sometimes. In addition, when I turn on the AC in my truck, it loses power until it is only going 10 to 15 MPH, and then it just cuts off. I was told I have a wiring issue attached to the throttle body. The truck runs good otherwise.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Knowing what code is being stored and causing the Check Engine Light to come on will greatly help with diagnostics. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you with a scan tool, and properly diagnose the cause of your Check Engine Light. Once the problem is found, he can then recommend what repairs are needed.