Q: Truck shutting off when running AC

The Check Engine Light on my truck comes on sometimes. In addition, when I turn on the AC in my truck, it loses power until it is only going 10 to 15 MPH, and then it just cuts off. I was told I have a wiring issue attached to the throttle body. The truck runs good otherwise.

Knowing what code is being stored and causing the Check Engine Light to come on will greatly help with diagnostics. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you with a scan tool, and properly diagnose the cause of your Check Engine Light. Once the problem is found, he can then recommend what repairs are needed.

3. Truck shutting off when running AC