Q: 1999 ford escort. Not getting enough fuel or to much air. Replaced fuel filter and pump. No change. Not enough fuel power to drive

My car bogs out when idling and when you give it to much gas. Just replaced the fuel pump and filter. Still no change in the issue. When I accelerate it is only about half the pressure on the gas pedal. Air filter is new. The fuel filter was in rough shape. Could it have clogged something?

Hi Joanne. Thanks for contacting us tonight. At first glance, I would assume that the mass air flow sensor or your Escort is the root source of your acceleration issues. However, faulty O2 sensors or clogged catalytic converter can also cause these symptoms to occur. I think the smartest thing you could do is have a professional mobile mechanic complete an on-site inspection first, so they can determine exactly what is causing the lack of acceleration and recommend the right repairs.

3. 1999 ford escort. Not getting enough fuel or to much air. Replaced fuel filter and pump. No change. Not enough fuel power to drive