Q: How do you work the manual rearview mirror?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you work the manual rearview mirror?

Your car’s rearview mirror provides essential visibility out of the back window. However, you will need to adjust it periodically, as well as after anyone else has driven the car. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Grasp the mirror by the outer edge.
  2. Pivot the mirror up or down to center the view out of the back.
  3. Pivot the mirror right or left to center the view out of the back.
  • To change from daytime to nighttime mode, push the tab on the bottom backward.
  • To change from nighttime to daytime mode, pull the tab forward.

Tip

Make sure you adjust the mirror after anyone else has driven your vehicle to ensure that it’s suited to your height.