Q: Rear suspension creaking on a '02 Mercedes C180

I have a 2002 Mercedes C180. My rear supension started creaking when I go over minor bumps. What do you reckon is the problem?

A: The problem is that, since it's a Merce...

The problem is that, since it's a Mercedes-Benz, they used to make cars with grease fittings. Now there are no grease fittings, but just rubber bushings and metal pieces. Your Mercedes is 13 years old. As they get older, that rubber starts to get old and degraded and will start creaking.

I'll tell you what I do all the time. There is a product called AT-205 re-seal. It comes in a liquid clear bottle. I'll pour it out of that bottle and into a Windex bottle, and then spray all the rubber bushings on the Mercedes. A lot of times, it soaks in and rejuvenates the rubber and will help make the noise go away. I would start there rather than buying expensive new parts to put on it. If you're interested in having this looked at thoroughly, you could have your suspension inspected by a technician from YourMechanic to find out exactly what is going on.