Q: Vibrating steering wheel, schreeching brakes

The other day, I was driving down a road when an oncoming car slightly came in my lane, so I veered slightly to the right so the car wouldn't swipe me. However, there was a dip on the side of the road and I went off in it slightly and heard it hit something under my car. I stopped to check to see what it was, and it looked like there was a small leak. I drove home after and everything seemed okay. Today, I went to drive it again and my steering wheel was vibrating slightly (I just got new tires and an alignment two weeks ago, so I don't think it's this). I checked again for a leak and didn't see anything. About half an hour later, I put my car in reverse and I heard a slight screeching sound when I put pressure on the brakes to stop reversing. Could this be something to do with my brake fluid? I had my brake pads replaced a few months ago as well. Thanks.

A: You may have hit a pot hole when you went o...

You may have hit a pot hole when you went off the road and damaged the tire internal cords. This will cause a wobble feeling. If the tire is okay, then your wheel weights may have been knocked off and will cause the vibration. Have the tire removed and balanced or checked for damage. At the same time have the screeching from the brakes looked at. This may be from the pads material and may be normal, but should be checked anyway. If you want to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the vibrating steering wheel and screeching brakes in order to have the correct repairs made.