Q: Car shakes in idle and

asked by on June 03, 2017

Ok so I had this car for roughly a month now and didn't have any issues with it until today, while leaving my house the car had stuttered a little bit and then the check engine flashed on and off about 4-5 times and then went off but right after that the car shook whenever I was accelerating, it also shakes while in idle. I have to really press the gas pedal down for it to really move. Just want to know what could be the issue and if it's safe to drive to the dealership

Hi there. A rough idling engine can be caused by a number of issues, some of them are serious while others tend to be minor, but the symptoms remain pretty much the same. The car will feel rough and bouncy when the engine is running. The car will also idle below its regular speed, display inconsistent RPMs and may produce a shaking, skipping or slipping sound when the vehicle is running. If the check engine light is illuminated, then having a professional mobile mechanic complete a car idle is rough inspection would be the best way to determine what caused the warning light and likely is the source of your shaking issue.