Q: Drive Shaft out of balance. Negative effect

asked by on September 06, 2016

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer and I had a mechanic work on the car and messed with a non serviceable drive shaft. After doing so they put it back and now the car shakes extremely hard going 65 miles an hr. What would be the negative effects and how much does this usually cost to get it fixed?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Ford Explorer. The vibrating drive shaft can cause premature bearing failure in the rear end and the transmission tail shaft. You should take it to a driveshaft shop or have it serviced by one of our mobile technicians to balance it out or replace the driveshaft assembly as necessary.