Q: Service stabilitrak

asked by on September 04, 2017

2009 buick lucerne. When I first start up in the morning I get a chime and a message alert to Service stabilitrak and service traction control. Warning scrolls through the vehicle information center a couple of times and then goes away.....Check engine light is on too. No rough idle, etc.

ABS Speed Sensor Replacement $108.10 - $630.75 Get a Quote

The Stabilitrac system is your vehicle’s traction control system. Your vehicle is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr