Q: Engine runs at 4000 rpms shuts off get a P2074 code

Engine revs very high revs to 4000 RPMs. Than shuts off. Will not start again until code is cleared. Than same thing. Get a P2074 code.

There is a technical service bulletin 18-007-08 that covers this code and calls for a reprogram of the PCM to fix the issue. You should have the reprogramming done first before replacing any parts for this code. The P2074 code is for the MAP/TPS sensors not correlating with each other and sensing a vacuum leak. If you have a major vacuum leak, then by all means fix it first, then have the PCM reprogrammed if needed. If you would like help with this, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and let you know what needs to be done.

3. Engine runs at 4000 rpms shuts off get a P2074 code