Q: Engine runs at 4000 rpms shuts off get a P2074 code

Engine revs very high revs to 4000 RPMs. Than shuts off. Will not start again until code is cleared. Than same thing. Get a P2074 code.

A: There is a technical service bulletin 18-00...

There is a technical service bulletin 18-007-08 that covers this code and calls for a reprogram of the PCM to fix the issue. You should have the reprogramming done first before replacing any parts for this code. The P2074 code is for the MAP/TPS sensors not correlating with each other and sensing a vacuum leak. If you have a major vacuum leak, then by all means fix it first, then have the PCM reprogrammed if needed. If you would like help with this, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s stalling issue and let you know what needs to be done.