Q: How does the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) indicator work?

How does the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) indicator work?

A: The SRS indicator is tied to your car’s air...

The SRS indicator is tied to your car’s air bag system and provides important information for drivers about the condition of the system.

• The SRS light should flash on briefly immediately after cranking the engine and then go out after the self-test is completed.

• If the SRS light comes on and stays on, it can indicate a number of issues and requires immediate repair.

Tip

If your SRS light is on and repairs are not made, it increases the chance of injury during an accident by a significant margin. This light can indicate a problem with the air bags on your car, or with the seat belt tensioners.