Q: Should I replace both front struts at the same time?

Hi, I have a S-trim AWD Chrysler 200 and I think I bent (or "popped") the front left strut going over a dip (or dips) too fast. Generally, I can't tell a difference in the handling; the coil seems totally fine but if I'm going over a particularly bumpy road at a relatively low speed I'll hear a sharp knocking or rattling sound. If I'm at a total stop and I turn the wheel all the way to the left SOMETIMES I will hear a pop or single knock. It looks like there's some sort of grease buildup in the sleeve of the strut. Can provide pictures if needed. Now, it's been several months (probably almost a year) since I first noticed symptoms, and I have a replacement strut, but if I'm changing one side should I also go ahead and change the OTHER side at the same time? Thank You.

A: Hi there. I recommend replacing both struts...

Hi there. I recommend replacing both struts for the front at the same time, as they have springs that control the ride height and also have shocks that control the tire-to-road contact. Plus, you will not have to worry about the other strut failing any time soon.

If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location to replace the struts.