Q: The car cannot start, there is no cranking

The other day, I was about to drive my car, but the battery was dead. I had to jump-start it and drove the car. The following day I couldn't start my car so I tried to jump-start it but unsuccessfully. I had the battery recharged at the shop but when I tried to start the car, it just wouldn't even crank. I had the remote checked and changed the battery in it. What should I do?

A: It is very possible that the Drive Authoriz...

It is very possible that the Drive Authorization System is preventing the vehicle from starting. The system needs about 12.6v to operate properly, so battery voltage needs to be checked with the key. If battery voltage is good, then there may be an issue with the EIS module and the system will need to be interrogated with a factory scan tool to further diagnose the vehicle no start.