Q: How do you operate the High Beams?

How do you operate the High Beams?

Your car has both high and low beam headlights. You’ll generally use your Low Beams for the most part, particularly if you’re driving in an area where there are street lights, but you can use the High Beams in rural areas where there’s no traffic and street lights aren’t available. Here’s how to switch from Low Beams to High Beams and back again:

1. Make sure the ignition is on.

2. Make sure the headlights are either on or set to Auto (if they’re in Auto mode, make sure they’re active).

3. Push the wiper lever forward to turn on your High Beams.

4. Pull the wiper lever backwards to switch back to your Low Beams.

Tips

• To flash your High Beams without switching to them completely, pull the wiper lever towards you and then release it.

• Don’t use your High Beams with oncoming traffic or in areas with street lights.

• Don’t use your High Beams when driving in foggy conditions as this will reduce visibility.

3. How do you operate the High Beams?