Q: What do the active front head restraints do?

What do the active front head restraints do?

Active front head restraints are different from standard (inactive) head restraints. They’re designed to be a supplemental part of your safety network in the car, working with your seat belts and air bags to reduce the chance of serious injury.

Both the driver and passenger front seats use active head restraints. They help secure you in the event of a serious rear end collision by pushing forward while the seat belt pulls back. This is designed to shorten the distance your head travels, and reduce the chance of an injury like whiplash.

3. What do the active front head restraints do?