Q: How quickly should I take my car to the shop? It says service ecm. How much does this usually cost?

My car recently displayed "service ecm", how serious is this and how quickly should I get it checked out. Is this a costly diagnosis and / or repair? Do I have to take it to a Chevy mechanic?

Hello, thank you for writing in. While there is typically not a designated warning light for the ECM (electronic control module), there may be a check engine light pertaining to it. If you pulled a code for the ECM, further diagnostics must be done in order to identify what is wrong with it. If there is an issue with the module itself, the unit will need to be replaced entirely. More testing will need to be done to make sure this is the case. A dealership mechanic would be able to identify the issue, but there is no need to go directly to them for this sort of issue. For more help with further testing and pricing, contact our service department about scheduling an appointment.

3. How quickly should I take my car to the shop? It says service ecm. How much does this usually cost?