Q: Q: Camshaft position sensor

How much it cost for a camshaft position sensor for a 2011 ford fusion sport

Hi There, The cost for a camshaft position sensor replacement may vary slightly depending on the amount of time it takes to access the sensor. As you know, the camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed to the car’s electronic control module. This information is used by the computer to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle. As the sensor begins to fail and gets worse over time as the signal it provides to the computer weakens.

3. Q: Camshaft position sensor