Q: How do I deactivate my anti theft system on my 2010 equinox?

Somehow my anti theft system activated and my car won't start. My car's settings have also changed like oil life says it's 100% when I know it's not and it doesn't display the tire pressure anymore. My lock button on my key also broke, I'm wondering if that would have anything to do with all this. Any advice on how to get my car back to normal would be highly appreciated!

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The best way is to remove both the battery cables from your car battery and leave them off for 12 minutes. Then put the battery cables back on and tighten them up tight. Take your key and put it into the driver door. Lock and unlock the door 3 times. This should deactivate the anti theft system. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the anti theft system.